In this episode, we hit a momentous and arbitrary-base-10-numbering-system milestone of 100 episodes! Amy gets cheesy with “friend” and Ryan asks for a sub with “surrogate” but the REAL story is all the amazing people who contributed clips, and to whom we are extremely grateful:
- Mignon “Grammar Girl” Fogarty
- Mark and Aven from the Endless Knot Podcast
- Kevin Stroud of the History of English Podcast
- Sadie Ryan from Accentricity
- Claire Hardaker of En Clair
- Paul Anthony Jones of Haggard Hawks
- Martha and Grant from A Way With Words
- Susie Dent of Countdown and Something Rhymes With Purple
- Helen Zaltzman of The Allusionist
- Daniel, Hedvig and Ben from Because Language
- Shauna and Dan of Bunny Trails
- Gretchen and Lauren from Lingthusiasm
- Paul and Donna from Varmints
- Carrie and Megan from The Vocal Fries
- Dustin from Sandman Stories Presents
We are consistently and boundlessly amazed by how supportive, generous and generally awesome all of our podfriends have always been, but especially in helping us ring in our Centepisode with so many cool facts and wonderful clips!!
Lexitecture is a podcast about words. In each episode, a Canadian (Ryan) and a Scot (Amy) each present their current favourite word and talk about its origins, current use, and try to puzzle out how it may have gone from A to B. If you love thinking and talking about words, word origins, or just random bits of head-scratching language trivia, this may be the show for you!
Please subscribe to us on Spotify, Google Play Music, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Pocket Casts or wherever you get your podcasts! Find us on Facebook, or on Twitter, or on Reddit, or join our Word Nerd HQ Facebook group! Also, if you enjoy what we do, please give us a great rating on iTunes – it’s a huge help in letting other people know we’re worth listening to. Finally, to support the podcasting work we do, please consider becoming a Patreon sponsor at www.patreon.com/lexitecture Thanks!
One comment on “Episode 100: Surrogate Friend”
I am a devoted listener of Lexitecture because of Kevin Stroud.